Monday, March 19, 2007

Week 5: It's official!

After a bout of tummy ache, and then a spot of bleeding, it was decided to get myself checked out at the hospital. For convenience, we went to Samitivej - one of the best and most pricey hoppys around. I saw a kindly old lady doctor who had a quick look and did not see much amiss.

She gave me a scan (not by the tummy) and we could see this black blob in a round circle which she explained was the gestational sac in the uterus. All looked fine. She prescribed some progesterone pills for me "to stop the bleeding".

It was such early days, but we decided to tell our parents. First, my mum and dad. On the phone there was a loud squeal from my mum, and my dad had to rest in some happy daze from the good news. And then came mummy's advice: no stretching or lifting - very bad for Chinese pregnant women. No exercise. Stay in bed and rest.

Fine by me! Matt's mum's advice was completely the opposite. "Just enjoy it," she said.

We've sworn the parents to secrecy. I don't want to tempt fate.

Since taking the progesterone pills though, I've been feeling nauseous. Tired, sick, queasy, yukky. That's a real downer as I was fine before that.

Not sure why, but for some reason, I went to Carrefour intending to get myself a spag bol meal, and came back with Indian butter chicken. It was disgusting. I gag even when I think about it now.

No comments: