Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 17: RIP Tiny

The vet called to say Tiny had passed away in the night. She'd had a potter around in her cage, and then just went back in and laid down...

We're both very upset at this. I wonder if pregnancy hormones are making me more emotional, but I don't think so. She was a lovely dog, so sweet and affectionate. Can't believe that she's gone. Was it inevitable? Did we provoke it by taking her in or should we have left her on the streets? Were the antibiotics all too much? Hard to tell.

In Bhutan, they won't kill stray dogs because they believe that when a person dies, they are shown the way to heaven by a doggy with a light on its tail. Well, if we ever get to heaven, let's hope Tiny will be our doggy.

On other matters, the earth moved - literally! An earthquake in Laos caused tall buildings in Bangkok to shudder. I wasn't sure at first until Fatt phoned to tell me to get the hell out of the condo. Outside, the peaceful soi life continued: kids cycled on tricycles, students strolled and munched their noodles, the motorbike taxis zoomed with their passengers. I don't think they realised that a 6.2 earthquake had occurred in a neighbouring country.

On the pregnancy front, I'm feeling a bit fatter. The other day, this taxi driver dropped me off and ran to the passenger door to let me out. And where I teach, one of me ex-students said I was getting chubby. It's supposed to be a compliment by the way...

2 comments:

Ivan said...

Awww. sorry to hear about Tiny. Hope things are good. just a random person here wishing u well.

sylv said...

thanks for the commiserations! She was a great dog.