Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 22: Twinkle twinkle little star

Been having some really weird baby dreams.

1) A friend and I are pregnant at the same time. We're both giving birth (in record time) in the same room. She has a girl and I have a boy, but I'm absolutely certain the hospital's mixed the babies up and in fact the girl is MINE.
Now I feel guilty towards my baby boy.

2) I'm pretty advanced in pregnancy and the baby is pushing aggressively out of my belly so you can see the contours of his hands and feet through my skin. Alien anybody?
Well, the baby is in real life having stronger movements, usually at 6 am.

I went to another BAMBI session. This midwife was giving tips on baby calming. She said that new fathers suddenly work 30% harder at the office in the first few weeks after a baby is born! Like it's either bringing home the bacon, or rather, the whole lifestyle change becomes a bit too much.

At one point during the meeting, the babies were getting cranky and weepy. The midwife said it was because they weren't getting our attention so we should all give them some by singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. The effect was astounding - all the babies spontaneously quietened down! Nice trick!

Fatt and I ventured into a BAMBI bring and buy sale. Apparently people are queuing and straining at the entrance an hour before it all starts. Baby stuff is pricey here - we're talking imports with 300% tax as they're classed as luxury items. So something like Mothercare which is good quality and reasonably priced in the UK, becomes the epitome of lavish spending here. We got there late and didn't really find anything to buy, but Fatt enjoyed the kiddie mayhem and got even more clucky at lunchtime as we watched a be-fringed Japanese toddler carefully bending over her rice bowl and spooning the contents into her mouth. Japanese kids are soooo cute.

No comments: