Monday, June 11, 2007

Week 7: Hong Kong Heaven

OK, been a while, but now I'm back!

I forgot to mention that the doc in Bangkok wanted me to have a 4D scan the following week. I was by myself, not thinking straight, thought: fine. My husband gave me a serious lecture on this later: why would I need yet another scan? Hadn't I asked? In his mother's day they'd been no such things as ultrascans, so why did I need one? He's very au fait with the workings of private hospitals in Thailand: nice medical care, bleed you for whatever you've got.

But he's right. A 4D scan (i.e. 3D with the fourth dimension being 'time') would probably set us back at least 100 quid. I'm not sure they're offered on the NHS and you may have to go private. So it's probably cheap in comparison. But at 7 weeks??? At 6 weeks you can just about make a blob (see pic below). So what would 7 weeks show? A slightly bigger 3D blob no doubt.

Anyhow, this week we went to Hong Kong. It was BLISS!! I could actually breathe the air without puking up on sickening fumes / food /sewage smells. And it was so much cooler. Felt much chirpier and energetic.

Did a lot of clothes shopping - a tad unwisely given my belly will be huge in a few months and maybe I won't regain my shape. Also bought some bras from M&S. In Bangkok, bras are Asian sizes and only go up to Asian size (i.e. smaller than UK) 36C. There is a M&S but prices are at least double the UK. So HK M&S was great. I asked to be measured. The measuring lady said 34B. Bullshit! I was a UK 34B before. Boobs have definitely grown expanded. I bought a 34C (non-Asian).

Also met up with old friends, one of whom was 7 months pregnant. She looked great with a marvellously compact round belly.

Still bleeding, though v. brownish and not much.

Back in Bangkok though and the nausea / gagging returned with a vengeance. Mum had sent some Chinese medicine over to help 'keep the pregnancy'. Together with the pessaries I suffered tremendous headaches. Mum said maybe I had a bit too much 'yang' (as opposed to 'yin').

No comments: